Thursday, January 18, 2007

Moreover......


I'm just in love with that word. Not sure why. I've just submitted two assignments for my law course and included 'moreover' at appropriate times. I'm wondering, could you include it in conversation or does it just look good and function well as a written word?

Summer garden joy. I know that the weather has been weird but it means I've got a bumper crop of zucchini 'Black Beauty' (yum!) and little pumpkins 'Golden Nugget'(still growing). It's been so warm up here that I'm beginning to wish I'd planted eggplants.

I'll post some photos from the garden, early next week (once the husband + camera come back from visiting his family )

N.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring back 'moreover' in conversation, I say.

Moreover, bring back 'werewithal' and 'heretofore' as well!

5:51 pm  
Blogger Nada said...

Hitherto...that's another one I like! Particularly favoured by Australian High Court judges up to the 1940's.....and of course, English judges of any era.

Capital! Well, maybe not.

6:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home